Thursday, December 08, 2005

Prime time

I spent the day sand prepping the tins and finishing the body work. I went and bought some "high build primer" and sprayed all the tins but the rear fender as I am not done modifying it. The "high build" primer was not-so-high-build primer. It just didn't do what I wanted it to do. I am going to buy some of the professional stuff this weekend and do it again. I am also going to construct a 'paint booth'. I don't want to deal with the over spray that is going to happen when that compressor gets going.

click to enlarge


The tank, body worked and primed.


Front fender and oil tank, primed

And no that is not the color of the bike, merely the primer.

I have some pin holes I have to fill and SAND AGAIN (that is becoming a theme here I think!) and than the different primer will go on, and more sanding.
Beginning to realize why a paint job cost so much.

3 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Now I would've got somebody else to do that for me. Really I would.

Can you imagine if that was the colour? You'd look real slick on that!!

Anyway, checked out thunders web site and now debating why do the work when you can buy one finished... Hmmm I'm off to deliberate this one... And the fact that 'apparently' we're not allowed to ride these things on British roads!!! What?? I've yet to check the law, but was told yesterday. Hmmm!

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger ZaQ said...

No riding huh? That will slow you down.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Like shit it will... I mean I'm no bad boy, but I'm thinking I'll ride it anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home