Sunday, November 20, 2005

End of week four

Well another week screamed by. I spent it working and putting the final touches on the rolling chassis. The kickstand went on, and after a little coaxing, worked. I took it off the lift, and got to sit on JUST the bike for the first time. Man, I am in love. This thing is low and mean, and ready to go. I rolled it out into the sun this morning for a couple quick photos.

Click photos for a larger view.







It is getting my blood boiling. I have been thinking about paint and color lately. Despite some warning against what I wanna do, I think I am going to go for it. I am not going to say anything about it, you will just have to see it here. I think it is going to look grand.

Today I had to grind down the bungs on the oil tank, so it would sit more flush with the frame. I caught a 4.7 MB quicktime video of the sparks flying. (sorry dial-up people!) 4.7 MB video

I have a couple custom things I wanna make for the bike, and after that it is going to sit in my garage until I can come up with some $duckets$ for the color. Man am I excited.

6 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Shane said...

What a sweet looking ride Zaq!

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Admin said...

oh man, forget your blood. Mine is a boiling. Forget what I said about not owning a bike anymore, I'm thinking this could be the project for me. Yep and it's all your fault.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger ZaQ said...

Let me know, I would be glad to help you with any of it.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Thanks Zaq, I know I'm going to appreciate that offer later on sometime.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

Yellow? Cmon, don't blow the suspense!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

Hours? Shit, probably near 200-300. I think the wiring is gonna snag me. I think I can build it up in a couple days. The wiring is going to take some time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home