Sunday, November 27, 2005

Early morning snow

I went fishing today.

Most of you probably don't find that very unusual. It was 37* when I left this morning at 0400. Man that was cold! When I summitted the coast range, it was a nice even 32* and there was snow all over the place. My first snow crossing of the season.
The rivers were super clear, and so was the sky. We launched the boat 0530 and waited for the sun to come up. It came up close to 0700 and I think the temp dropped even lower when it did. Propane saved the day, without it, I don't think my fingers would have lasted as long as they did.
We did not catch a single fish. For about 12 boats surveyed, there were 0 fish. One bankie had the only fish we saw or heard of all day.

Now I have to start tearing the bike down, and begin body work. The real work begins now.

5 Comments:

At 2:01 AM, Blogger Admin said...

I can understand the attraction on a cool summer evening, spliffage for company and as the sun goes down you might be lucky to catch some dinner. But in that kind of weather condition, you have to be kidding me, brrrrrr!

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

the good times draw near. Winter steelhead is my passion, and it is only a rainstorm away. Nothing like sitting in a small boat, covered in snow, with the CHANCE of catching a fish!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, rum

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, rum !!!

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Did someone say rum, I heard that from miles away. Now pour me a shot and lets get this fishing trip underway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home