Saturday, December 03, 2005

Week five!

So I have had the "parts" for about 5 weeks now. I have completely torn down the bike and am currently working on bondo bronchitis, I mean body work. The tank is really nice quality, but I think where they weld the two halves together there are some high spots. So I covered the tank in plastic filler, and began sanding. Also, where the fuel filler is welded to the tank needed to be worked up so it blends with the rest of the tank. Things are coming along nicely, my entire garage, EVERYTHING, is covered in a fine layer of pink dust. Lots of cleaning to be done when this over. I would like to get this thing to the powder coater before Christmas, so I need to get a custom part cut and welded on soon.


Click the pic to enlarge a photo of the tank and it's current status of body work 'mess'.



And finally an updated picture of the current status of the bike. Seems like I have been here before.

5 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Ok, let me show my niaivity for a minute. Why is it the paint work doesn't get done first. Then when you build it you don't have to take it apart again? Seriously, I really don't know and if I'm going to embark on this mission myself I'm going to have to find the quickest and most less painful way of going about it. hmmm

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Oh and sorry Zaq, I need to ask Mcd a question.

Where has your blog gone? It's just gone and I cna't see it.

*sobs loudly into his hanky*

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger ZaQ said...

I notice mcd's blog was missing as well. Whats up MCD?

Admin, the entire bike needs to be built prior to any painting, body work and the like. Why you ask.....because you don't wanna have to drill, tap, and pound on finished parts. You want to make sure everything fits and is correctly aligned before painting.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

What???? Call me and tell me the story....

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Admin said...

mcd, I'm enthralled by your story. Probably only because you keep saying you've been fucked up the ass!! No seriously, sounds intriguing. Fancy sharing a little more?

Zaq - Duhhhhhh, told you I was niaive over the subject, but now of course you've said that I feel stupid because it was soooo obvious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home