Monday, November 14, 2005

End of week 3

Just a quick note today.

I clocked in at 0900 and finished at 1500. Long but good day. My goals today were the primary drive and the front fender. The front pulley for the primary has been giving me problems. I don't think the tolerances were exact when they machined, or maybe they were TOO exact. The thing wouldn't go on there. So I filed away steel micron by micron until it slid on there. Quite a chore, but it works.



The front fender was next. Although this looked like a really easy task, it proved to be the hardest thing I have done to the bike yet. Lots of cussing and groaning, and walking around thinking was done, and it finally got done. I want this bike to be ALMOST perfect, so I am putting a lot of effort into it.



I think it is turning out well right now.

According to my list, I only have 6 more things to do.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home