Sunday, November 13, 2005

Boot? Not really...

OK.........now when you become an official boot hunter, there are certain things you have to understand. Even if a fish appears to be a boot, it may not be a true boot. Today's hunt found the boot scootin research project a new twist, Chum.
Chum, also known as dog salmon, are a certain species of salmon that spawn in the lower reaches of a river thus they are rarely found in the chrome state we all love and cherish. In fact, the fish pictured below are very nice specimens of chum.


First up is T, with his chumero uno chum. T has caught a ton of salmon in his life, but this was apparently his first chum.


Batting second was Furious D, the boot hunter himself, doing battle with what turned out to be the nicest fish of the day.




And finally fat boy, your author, got a chance to do some fish wrastlin', and thanks to a daring net job by Furious D, smiles were caught on camera!





Now we need to get one thing straight, for all the people out there in the internet fishing world that I have blasted for having boot pictures, there is a difference in what you do and what we are doing here. Boot hunting, and the maniacal pictures that ensue, is totally different than you average numb nuts that catches a boot and holds it for a picture like it was the most beautiful fish we have ever seen. I will admit, in my early days of fishing, I have a very bad boot picture, when I look at it I nearly puke and am embarrassed to no end with it. The difference between that picture, and our new series of pictures is I was dead serious about the boots back than. They would have fit into the "NOT WORTHY OF A PICTURE" category.

So fellow boot hunters, carry on the mission, but don't take your boots to serious. As you can see by these pictures, we don't. When it was all said and done, we wrastled with 7 fish, which I thought was pretty darn good considering the muddy conditions we were in.

And just in case you thought I have forgot about my mistress, aka choppa........I completed the rear end yesterday and things are starting to look like a motorcycle around here. Here is a shot of the rear end as it sits right now.



Tomorrow I am going to do the front fender, and work more on that darn front pulley, until than............................may your dreams be filled with boots.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

Kiss my ass, that thing can never leave here. Never, matter of fact, I am going to delete that thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home