Monday, December 19, 2005

End of week 7

Weeks are just ticking by. I have a goal set, the Portland addition of the Easy-riders show is April 1st. The bike must 110% be finished by than, I plan on riding it to the show! I don't think it is going to be a problem.

McD was right, hour upon hour of applying mud and sanding it, applying more mud, sanding it, and than spraying it with the high build, and sanding it is yielding a NEAR flawless piece. There is still some orange peel in the primer, but it is slowly coming out mm by mm with some good old wet sanding. I don't mind the wet sanding, the paper flows nicely over the wet surface, but man does it make a mess.






I unfortunately didn't grab a picture of the gas cap before I started working with it. gas cap But when they weld in the fuel bung, there is almost a 3/8 inch trough around the hole that is full of weld and air. In order for the 'hidden gas cap' to disappear, you have to build up the surrounding area with mud and primer. As you can see in the picture, it is impossible to see any weld or trough at all. I am VERY pleased with that.

Back to sanding...........

1 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

Yes, here in Porkland. April 1st. Should be interesting at least.

Not in the mood to drive out there on Saturday.

The gas cap is trick, you have to see it, hard to explain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home