Friday, November 11, 2005

Time for some boot hunting

Took some time off the motorcycle build to get back to my REEL passion.

Met the boyz at 0500 and headed out west. I had a good feeling about today, what with the rain and all. I was half wrong. On my mind today were BOOTS. Now boots are fish that were once chrome. They have entered the river and begun changing into a sexually mature adult. They turn red and black signifying their status and need to breed. They also begin to rot. Lovely huh? Well these fish are very undesirable fish. Up until this year, I have always looked down on the boot. We all catch em, but the rule is you let them go and don't even think of taking a picture. Pictures are for chrome fish!!! Hell, I have enough pictures of chrome fish! Trust me, check my webpage to see for yourself. So my buddy, Furious D asks 'what about the noble boot?' I scratched my head and stroked both of my chins, and said alright. Let's boot hunt this Fall, take pictures with them donning some of the weirdest faces to hit the digital media of fishing pics.

One minute into today's fishing trip yielded the first one. Man was he a dog! After a great battle this nasty, skunk of a boot was lead to the net by the skillful hand of T and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

Note the black sides and gaping mouth, indicative of a true boot. The kype, or curved jaw tells us that it is a male. A fine specimen of bootdom!

Not ten minutes later, my rod doubles down with a small boot that was promptly released, not worthy of a picture. Now if a boot is "NOT WORTHY OF A PICTURE", you know there was something wrong with it.

Of course it is nice to get a keeper on a day of boot hunting, and B Rad Gluckman decided it was going to be on his rod.




Overall a great day with good friends, my cheeks hurt from all the laughing. We came up with some skits on the boat that would make just about any sick minded fool like us split a side from laughter. Good times!

As I sit here and type this, the rain is coming down in buckets. I think we got some good fishing in just in time. Back to my regularly scheduled bike build.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger ZaQ said...

Thanks, we had a blast......let me know when you wanna go

 

Post a Comment

<< Home