Sunday, August 21, 2005

Jacks or better

Man, I played my first game of poker last night since my slaughter victory on the 4th of July. 7 players, and I placed 4th, What the hell? I played at a game that I have NEVER done well at............these people are good. I have come to realize that in order for me to win at poker, I need to be playing really marginal players, even more marginal than myself. Even though I stunk it up, I had fun and had a few laughs with some good people.

Hopefully this week at the coast, I can win my money back.

5 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

texas hold'em, or straight poker?

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger ZaQ said...

Texas style, the purist poker game there is.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

word. the house of meiling clan - you, f, and i - should play oneday...see your tactics in action!

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger ZaQ said...

I dont have any tactics

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

even complete randomness is a tactic of sorts, wouldn't ya say? some friends of mine will bluff insensibly high bets every so often on nuthin'...just to ensure against havin' "tactics"...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home