Sunday, May 28, 2006

Pipe Wrap Complete

I decided to do an "old school' trick and wrap my pipes with a resin cloth. I found a real nice guy on the internet that had just done his, and he agreed to send me his left over wrap for the price of shipping. Can't beat a deal like that! I marked off the ending point on the pipes and removed them from the beast. Prewrapping the pipes gave the length I needed and the wrap was cut and 'moistened' for the procedure. I wrapped the pipes, and using the kids help applied the c-snap clamps to hold it in place. It took about 2 days for the wrap to harden completely and than I hanged them from the ceiling. I sprayed an entire can of ceramic high heat exhaust coat onto the wraps and let that dry for about a day. I just finished installing them this morning and they look pretty tough. I am glad I did it.

BEFORE:


AFTER!:

5 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Bored@Home said...

dude that bike is looking sweet. well i took your advice and added names to the drawing and I also posted a picture of my truck in my blog. I then added a myspace bored@home image to have popel add me as their friend haha. hope you likes. take it easy all those changes are on the first page.

Bored@Home at http://video567.blogspot.com

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger ZaQ said...

I'll check it out!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

Thanks KS!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

So you will show up for her, but not your "bros"?

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

Nice try, you had that coming, bro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home