Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Gorge

Joined a couple friends today for a small road trip through the Columbia river gorge. It was a blast, but very windy. At one point, crossing the 205 bridge into Washington, my bike was getting blown around so badly, I thought it was going to come out from under me. I really had to concentrate to keep it on the road, not good.
We hit highway 14 and wound our way through the gorge, sometimes 100's of feet above the river. It was an awesome ride with great views. I did my best to keep up with Brad and his Ducati to no avail, he is quite the rider. Cristi and I were content winding through the woods at a Harley's pace.
We crossed the Bridge of the gods and stopped for a quick bite in Cascade Locks. On the way home, we detoured onto the Historical Highway and wound our way past waterfalls and up to the Crown Point. From here you can see nearly the entire gorge. If you have ever seen the movie the Bandits, after they robbed the bank they rendezvoused there. Very nice. I grabbed a couple shots while we were parked up there.
On the way home we stopped by a friends house for a coke and than hit the traffic home. All in all, it was about 140 miles. It was a pleasure riding with you guys, let's do it again sometime.





3 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan...thanks for the invite, I had a blast. Cristi

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger ZaQ said...

No, tell me more!!!!!!!!!?

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

I found Run 21

 

Post a Comment

<< Home