Thursday, January 12, 2006

Let's get moving!!!!

Parts came in today, and nicely I was off from work. I have been waiting for a number of weeks for a one off sissybar that was fabbed by the OKCKingpin in Oklahoma. The part looks nice, VERY close to what I wanted and will work fine. I put in it in place, and marked my rear fender for death.

Fender before the cutting wheel got a hold of it!



You can see how many times I changed the design of the rear fender.

Grinding wheel was removed and cutoff wheel installed. Goggles, check, earplugs, check. GO! Cutting went pretty smooth, no snags and I still have all my fingers.

The fender once it has been cut.





Once it was cut I rotated the mocked sissy bar back into place to get a good idea of what it is going to look like. I think I like it.

sissybar





Much progress will be made on this bike now! I am going to go over and weld the mounts on the bar tonight, and hopefully take the frame to the powder coater this weekend. If I really get going, I can maybe get the tins to the painter this weekend or Monday at the latest. I have a few parts, including that sissybar, that are going to chrome as well. Once those things return, the final build begins. I am starting to feel it again................

1 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger ZaQ said...

Thanks, I need to get a welder. I traveled 50 miles and an hour and 35 minutes last night for ten minutes worht of welding. Good company though, but the drive was too far for that shit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home