Thursday, January 05, 2006

Goodbye old friend

When I was 19 I was living on my own in a small one bedroom apt. I wanted a companion, so I called an ad in the paper for Australian Shepherd puppies. I went out to Bulverde Tx, and picked one up. Being "Australian" I aptly named her Brisbane. She lived with me there in that small apt and later moved with us when we moved back to Oregon. There she lived in a 2 bedroom apt in Lake Oswego, and later she got herself a huge 1/2 acre yard in Aloha to run in.

She used to love the beach, she would dig in the sand for hours, drink sea water and puke all the way home. I could have swore she had a smile on her face when I had to clean it up and was cursing her.

She also loved the snow.



She used to run and catch snow balls as we threw them at her. She couldn't eat enough snow.

She was around for my daughters entire life up till today.

She was a great dog and a good friend, she will be missed.

6 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Dude. That is actually really sad. My thoughts are with you

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

*cheers*

i'll never forget how she'd run around in circles chasing your flashlight's light...

"goodbye old friend"

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger A new Ron,ron,ron a new ron,ron said...

How you feeling? Good night last night, dude.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

I had fun, thanks for inviting me!

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your pup, big guy. Hang in there. Is your daughter doing OK with it. It's hardest for the kids.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

She was pretty sad that night, as were we all. She is doing fine now, already talking about a new one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home