Saturday, October 08, 2005

An old trick, but one of my favorites

It is my 4 day weekend, I decided to do something completely out of the ordinary and go fishing. Tillamook it was, and I have now come to the point where if I am not towing a boat I take the VW Jetta to save on gas. I mean crap, it is still 3.10 for a gallon of diesel.
Anyhow, I was cruising over there this morning, had the music blasting and sailing along at a nice 60 MPH. Off in the distance, behind me, I see some headlights. It is pitch black out there cuz it's 0500 and all I see are these lights, coming up on me pretty quick. I continue on, and sure enough this pickup truck gets right on my butt. I mean right on my butt. He is less than a car length from my rear bumper. I shrug it off and flip the little switch on the rear view mirror so as to not have to squint at 5 in the morning. He doesn't give up. Twice I pull over so I have the white line going right down the center of my car, he does not pass. I slow down on the passing striped sections, he does not pass. Whats up this guys ass?

Whatever right? Than there it is, one of my favorites. I see a big road kill up ahead. So I ever so slightly veer towards it, as if I am going to center punch the thing with my car. He drafts in right behind me, SWEET!!!!!!!!!! At the last second, I drift to the left, missing the smashed coyote carcass by what must have been 6 inches. I look in the mirror.....................BAM! I see the carcass fly up and in front of his headlights. LOL HAHAHAHA, he swerves back and forth on the road a bit, I hope it went over the hood! He pulls over to the side and I speed off into the darkness. I didn't have another tailgater the whole trip.

On the way home, I saw the carcass off to the side of the road, you couldn't even tell what it was.

Tailgate me.......have some of that!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

next time i'm out east, i should take your exemplary 'learning device' with me, assuming i could pull of such a delicate calculation behind the wheel...people are notorious out there for riding your ass, for no apparent reason. heh, you taught that guy well!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

thats right

 

Post a Comment

<< Home