Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bugs

List of current "bugs"

  • Front brake

  • Front brake piston is leaking fluid. Seal must be bad. I can't get hold of the shop that sold it to me, so I think I am going to try a rebuild kit and put this problem to bed.

  • Scraping pipes and kickstand

  • On cornering, either the kickstand or the pipes hit the ground. From what I have read, this is a VERY common problem. Sometimes it is fixed or minimized by raising the ride height. I have to disassemble the rear end to fix it, so that is next weeks project, maybe.

  • Clutch cable is too visible

  • I don't like how you can see this big swooping clutch cable between the down tube and fork legs. Reroute.
    Update: Disassembled the clutch cable and rerouted it through the top tree. It tucked away nicely.

  • Seat will not bolt down

  • The brackets for my seat were riveted in the wrong place.
    Update: I took apart the seat and drilled out the rivets holding the brackets. Repositioned them in the right place and riveted them down. Fixed.

  • Fuel line is on rocker boxes

  • The fuel line rests on top of the rocker boxes, getting very hot during use. The solution is to in case the line in some heat shield tubing. I have bought the tubing, man that stuff is expensive, and have to remove the fuel line from the tank to put it on. Maybe this weekend.

  • Kickstand nut

  • The nut that I used on the kickstand rattled right off on the first ride. LOL, I kinda knew it would. I went up to Ace and had the guys help me get the right nut. They said it was beyond repair and to get a new stand. They obviously don't understand that stuff like that takes like 4 weeks to turn around. I bought the correct nut, which went on but was still a bit rocky due to some scuffed threads. I coated the threads in silicone and torqued down the nut. After two days, the nut is as solid as can be, and I don't think I could get it off!

    10 Comments:

    At 5:33 PM, Blogger A new Ron,ron,ron a new ron,ron said...

    That shit never happens on a Ducati....

     
    At 5:51 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

    "wah wah, my battery is dead from the shop, what did you guys do to my battery?"

    Tell you what foreigner, when you can work on your bike yourself, let alone build it from the ground up, you can talk trash. Until than STFU!

     
    At 10:42 PM, Blogger Om said...

    Im with ZaQ on that comment...

    It looks like Ima be a biker babe soon..but on a Harley.

     
    At 10:53 AM, Blogger A new Ron,ron,ron a new ron,ron said...

    It's actually a power drain. I need to run a diagnostic on the electrics.

     
    At 9:10 AM, Blogger ZaQ said...

    Right on.........finally someone that has fallen for the "factory bike" BS...

     
    At 9:12 AM, Blogger ZaQ said...

    Awesome avatar by the way

     
    At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i hate when i can get my nut off.

     
    At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ..wait..wait...
    i hate when i can't get my nut off.

     
    At 5:49 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

    Good fix, use enough silicone like i did and your nut will never get off.

     
    At 9:56 PM, Blogger ZaQ said...

    WILD, those crabs are flying out like HENs being chased by a fox

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home