Sunday, August 05, 2007

What a day

So the boys and I decided to do some Columbia bankie fishing this weekend. We hooked 6 and landed 3 and it was quite the day. Here is the best story from it....


I took this picture because I thought it was a nice shot, litle did I know what was going to unfold in mere seconds.

The rod pounds down as I am hitting the off button on the camera, I stand up to make a run for it, and it flies out of the holder and into the river! We see the fish jump and the rod disappears into the depths. Gnoc....



can't believe one of his rod and reels is gone. Blames went out and Robby got the brunt of it.


Steve was just like, what the _____?



Than! 2 hours later and 100 yards down river, some guys start yelling....




"we got your rod!"

Rob runs down there and sure enough they have the rod. They pull it in and the fish is still on it! It gets landed and released and Rob sighs some relief as he no longer has to buy Gnoc a new set up.



Good times!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, the same thing happen to me 2 years ago, directly across the river from that spot. It was daybreak. The rod tip dipped twice then all I heard was the rod crash against the rocks and a splash! It's times like that when the F word is just the perfect thing to say!

Rickster

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I saw it happen again Sunday morning. This guy dove in after it, and got it! Landed a small nate too. :lol:

Rickster

 

Post a Comment

<< Home